partial payment of current year taxes
Florida Statute 197.374 allows for partial payments to be made on a current year tax for Real Estate or Tangible accounts. Important information to consider before making a partial payment:
- Loss of Discount - The account is no longer eligible for discount, even if the balance is paid in full during a discount period.
- A $10 processing fee is added to each partial payment.
- If taxes are escrowed and paid by a mortgage company, a partial payment should not be made.
- Accounts making Installment payments should not make a partial payment.
- Partial payments are accepted November 1st - March 31st of the current tax year. Postmark does apply.
- Any remaining balance as of April 1st is delinquent and subject to applicable penalties/fees. A tax certificate could be sold at a later date.
If you wish to make a partial payment please contact our Tax Department at 386-313-4160 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Partial payments may be made in person or by mail.