License and ID Validity
For those U.S. Citizens and Immigrants with Permanent Legal Presence, the valid length of a Driver License or ID Card is as follows:
- Class E Driver Licenses will be valid for 8 years, except for Customers 80 years of age and older.
- Class A, B, or C Driver Licenses will be valid for 8 years, except for Customers 80 years of age and older. Licenses with a Hazardous Materials Endorsement will be valid for only 4 years.
- All Licenses for Customers 80 years of age and older will be valid for only 6 years.
- ID Cards for Children ages 5 to 14 years of age will be valid for 4 years.
- ID Cards for Customers ages 15 years of age and older will be valid for 8 years.
Check the status of your driver license, eligibility to elect driver school in lieu of points, update your insurance information, update your SSN, and get parental access to minor's driving history by visiting the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles' website https://services.flhsmv.gov/dlcheck/